Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Power of Music

It is a force! Good and evil, yes indeed. A tool for inspiration and tool for manipulation. But crime prevention? I offer you this tidbit......

Officials in Sydney, Australia, attempted to discourage hooligans from gathering at night in parking lots by playing loud Barry Manilow music. The hooligans stayed away, but the residents were miserable.

Source: Useless information calendar, April 4, 2008

In this country this would have resulted in a media circus, a court injunction by the ACLU and a full scale invasion by the Fanilows. Next internet search: immigration process to Australia.

2 comments:

Kimala said...

ok now - poor guy - he wrote bunches of commercials I bet you could sing in your sleep - for Maxwell House, for State Farm insurance, for M&Ms, and for McDonalds.

:) ok... so he played piano and had to practice all the time as a kid - I can relate.

Crazy Aussies!

Parker said...

I can definitely understand why you only have one comment on this post. I happen to like Manilow. But you can have too much of a good thing.

But music is good to sooth the savage beast. As a nanny, I used it often. : )