Sunday, February 17, 2008

A Different World

the other evening when I was out with Kimala at the Bee Hive I spontaneously embarked on a new SL career. Thanks to the generosity of Busy and Iris and Fun, I became a Busy Bee Dancer. I had no intention of doing this, it just happened!

Man it was fun. It shifted my focus on the evening from dancing and listening to music. I still did those things but also had a new responsibility of providing banter regarding my antics and talking with Iris who danced nearby. Busy gave me my directions to be as naughty as I wanted. That part wasn't to much of a stretch:).

I guess this is what makes SL, and life itself, so much fun. Something coming out of nowhere to change your day. Or in my case, evening. For some reason SL presents itself with less constraints than RL. Here I have 0 kids, few if any true responsibilities. But conversely, when I log on here I don't have two four year olds rush me when I pick them up at preschool with big smiles yelling, "Daddy!" BTW, the hugs I get there are beyond poseball capabilities. Its nice to be treated like a rockstar on a daily basis during the work week!

Thanks to everyone who made last Friday on SL so much fun! Previously my other source of generating funds was playing trivia. This was a lot of fun and I was saddened upon the closing of Triviv Monkeys. That place was fun and I met some of the nicest people there: Cherry, Sasha, Fanceey and many others. It pushed me to actually type quicker (LOL) and I enjoyed watching my name slowly ascend up the leader board! Never really found a place to replace it with the exception of AMS. There you have alot of other things to do, so it seems more scattered to me. Well, I feel way more scattered there anyway. So I think its just me.

As long as you keep cruising around and don't take yourself or others too seriously, I think SL is a good place. Here nobody fights for their life, falls into financial arreas, gets sent to war or contemplates taking their own life. This place isn't perfect but you can mute darksiders and relog from unpleasntness. And yes, I know I'm freeforming this blog entry. Its a morning write!

One last thing before I go. Yesterday night before I logged, I had the most tranquil experience in SL yet. I was laying on the hammock under the tree house that I got for a Valentines Day present from Kimala. The sun was setting, or rising, I do not know. Blissie and Kimala were laying on the hammock with me, it was so peaceful! My favorite blonde and brunette slowing swaying while we watched the sun do something. It was very nice and encapsulated everything good with SL. thanks ladies, I owe you one or twenty!

6 comments:

Kimala said...

BigD -
I'm so glad you are stretching your boundaries and exploring new things. Sadly I wish those Lindens from your dancing efforts transfered to RL riches - but LOL life goes on :)

The best part about SL is that you have 4 days in every 1 RL day. It means you have 4 chances to get it right to every 1 we get in RL. I love that idea.

You've had the music club groupie phase, the trivia phase, and now you're embarking on the sexy dancer phase... what in the world will be next!

Hooo!

Me said...

Land tycoon, clearly.

:) Always a pleasure to steal some hammock snuggles with you guys. It's been too long since we did that last.

Crighton Johin said...

I'm glad that you've found gainful employment D!! We'll find out if it brings out the inner slut in you! *ducks and runs*

Maybe I'll bring my alt to flirt with you some night! Okay...not a good idea...that's just weird.

And Kimala, six SL days for every RL day. Just sayin......

Too bad you didn't have room for one more in the hammock...any room on your lap, D?

:-o

Kimala said...

Ok D - 2 nights down on the dancer scene - what's the verdict? new career?

Bliss - I live for D to become a land tycoon :) maybe THEN we wouldn't have to worry about those silly RL bills any more ;)

Crighton - math IS NOT my strong suit... i thought it was 4 days SL= 1 day RL... geesh - just when I thought I had it down... /me shakes head and punches the calculator again ;)

bigd Flanagan said...

OK, lets see if I can do this.... On SL for roughly 7 RL months. Each day in RL in 6 SL days...
42 x 4 = 168 days or roughly guestimating 1 RL month = 1/2 SL year so.... I have been on SL for 3 1/2 SL years. Damn wheres my friggin tax return? Those Linden bastards!!

Me said...

Math ?!

/me flees