Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Shout Out to Kimala

When you really think about it one of the hardest things in any world is being positive. We are surrounded by so much negativity. Check that, we are bombarded by the stuff. I know I suffer from more than the occasional direct hit. Working on it, working on it:)....

So this one is dedicated to my RL godsend KIMALA /hoo

It may seem strange, but being positive has always been linked to our survival. Our primitive ancestors, who achieved a balance between cooperating and competing, were the survivors because they could both depend on the group and depend on themselves. Mounting medical evidence shows us that physical health is a by-product of leading a balanced, varied and satisfying life with an optimistic outlook. If this is true, what are some ways to keep us dancing in RL at age 80?

You can choose to accept things as they are. This doesn't mean that you wilt and give up. It means that you get on with your life when you are unable to alter events and other people. You move forward. Good advice in RL and SL. Ya listening dude?

You can choose to be resilient. Trees that bend with the wind are those that survive. Like a tree, you can bend and sway through life's hurts and frustrations * then bounce back again, supported by your strong deep roots. We can learn a lot from nature. Duh bigd...

You can choose to be cheerful. Cheerful people are like human battery chargers. When I'm tempted to go darkside, I'm starting to bite my tongue, count to 10, and get the crap look off my face. They say the stitches will disolve on their own. Just kidding....

You can choose to be upbeat. It's catching and the more upbeat you are, the more people around you will feel and act the same. This is Kimala to a "T".

You can choose to have a sense of humor. Hands down, SL has given me an outlet for my twisted sense of humor. I have laughed often and to the point of tears at the great senses of humor I have encountered. Never miss the opportunity to laugh at yourself. We are all treasure troves of f ups. I know I am. Chemically, laughter releases some nice chemicals in our bods that keep us healthy. Have fun and look hot? Hell yes!

You can choose to be humble. If you toot your own horn, the house will be empty. If you extoll other peoples mad skills, people can relax around you and be themselves. Don't front, just be.

Have an attitude of gratitude. Think about it. We all have so much to be grateful for. My wife is a knockout inside and out, my kids love us to death! With the attitude of gratitude you feel good about life and it does put a smile on your RL mug.

You can choose to have faith. For some people, this means believing in God or another higher being/entity. Having faith means believing that things will work out for you * and that you can work things out for yourself. Supernatural baby!!

You can choose to have hope. Without hope, life has no meaning or point. Hope may be your most important positive attitude * the basis for all others. What do you hope for? What's your purpose in life? If you pondered these questions as you read them, you're already a hopeful person.

PS I'd love to read your responses to the last questions I asked. You guys are fascinating!

Love, bigd

1 comment:

Kimala said...

wow D - this was an unexpected find when I took a quick peek at blogs from work today. ;) I'm so tired today - physically tired and worn down from battling RL colds and flu that I'm not feeling all that positive or hopeful LOL so you make me smile and laugh at myself being glass-half-empty today.

I end up starting most of my days with the same mantra. Not sure what is in this day for me but I hope I have the strength to do my best and say the right things. Give me the right words. I also spend a lot of time asking for supernatural help in terms of money, career, parenting, marriage. Life is too hard to not ask for help - It is way easier to be a conduit than think you're the end-all in the world alone to make a decision. Might sound kinda ultra-conservative - which I don't mean it to - but bottom line is in my book anyway, there is something way bigger than me driving what I attempt each day.

Thanks again D for the lift. I'm off to an important make-break big RL meeting ;) I needed that shot in the arm.

91225