Friday, December 12, 2008

I advance masked....

I have been trying to blog this week. It hasn't been easy. At first I contemplated writing about my newest peeve. That would be the Tom Cruise picture where he plays Count Von Stauffenberg who tried, and failed, to assassinate Hitler in July 1944.

This topic is so absurd I couldn't squeeze out a blog about it. Nazi hero? Irregardless of the fact that Von Stauffenberg whole heartedly supported Hitler's desire for "living space" in Eastern Europe. This character only wanted to keep the German Army intact by negotiating a settlement with the western powers during WW II. Hero? Tom Cruise is just whacked.....

So........ I figured I would relate the feeling that I'm becoming a bit of a recluse in SL. I just don't reach out like I used to. I should feel bad about it, but I don't. I do indeed suck.

2008 has been a tough one. In both worlds really. Not a bad one but challenging as all hell. Sometimes the langour of sadness of our times is unbearable. I don't get paralyzed by it, I try to help more, scrape a few bucks together for the Salvation Army kettle and stuff like that.

In my corner of the world people seemed to have slowed down a bit. Toned it down a tad really. I don't mind that at all. I just want things to get better for us this coming year. Will they? I hope so.

This has to be one of the lousiest blogs I have ever posted but its right here, right now.

I have a ton of things that I continue to be grateful about. I never lose sight of that. Perhaps that what is required of all us these days. Find an area of gratitude and use that for an anchor during these anxious and turbulent times. Maybe what we all need to do is find our safe harbors and bring in others that could use a place to weather a storm.

4 comments:

Kimala said...

cheers to incredible things in 2009... incredibly good things... I know they're headed for us :)

Me said...

I don't think it's a sucky blog.

Not at all.

I think..

It's how a lot of us feel right now.

Maybe it's that time of year.

:)

Parker said...

Lousy post? No. Honestly, I started to not read it when you referenced Tom Cruise. However, I kept going as you usually have great blog posts.

This has been a tough year for so many people. But one thing you always add to your posts is H-O-P-E
Thank you.

Bradley said...

An honest blog is never sucky.