Saturday, May 24, 2008

Thoughts on impending Rezz Day

Being on SL for a year has been a real mixed bag. I've met some fantastic people that I consider to be friends. I've met some people that were/are ruthless opportunists that only serve their own selfish needs. I've seen incredible sights. I've done some good things and a few crappy things. Mostly good though. I can say with a confident degree of certainty that I've never hurt anyone's feelings. That makes me feel pretty good.

SL itself, not the people in any way, is starting to become a bit boring. There are some nights when I think to myself, why did I log on? To quote that trite saying, it's not you it's me. It just isn't like it was at first, nothing ever is after all.

These sentiments could be coming up after the inevitable let down of the school year. Going cold turkey from constant adrenaline high is a bitch. I dunno...

At this juncture, I can't see another year of SL. I don't know if I have another year of coping left in me. Hell, maybe some resolution will come after rest and rezz day...

4 comments:

Kimala said...

I don't think anyone ever expects to be around SL permanently. A year... two years... it is just an experience. If you aren't enjoying it, you shouldn't log, or you should find something about it you do enjoy.

All in all I hope you remember the people you have met in SL who do enjoy you. I know we have had quite a ride and I know I have grown alone and along with you in that year.

Happy Rez Day Bigd - Cheers to all the new adventures your summer holds... our summer holds... with a lower chaos threshold... I hope :)

91225

Parker said...

BigD, CONGRATS!!!!!!!

You made it one year. There are so many who don't last one month. I only met you a short time ago and cannot speak as enthusiastically as others may, however I feel myself enriched from having met you.

Whatever your diecision regarding your Second Life, I am sure you will have the support of your RL folks and those in SL who care about you and your well being.

I am looking forward to the party, well part of it anyway (the back part). See you there.

Me said...

Well, *I* will say it.

If you abandon me I will smite you.

Oh yes, I will.

I need to reschedule our coffee time. :) Maybe 2 AM EST? LOL ! Let me know. I've got a pot waiting for you.

Joonie said...

bigd, I have felt similar feelings about my SL. I have been there since Oct. 06 and have said I was leaving 3 times. The longest I've been away is 1 week.

It's very easy to be disillusioned in SL. It takes meeting just a few icky people to mess up the positive experience. I hope you decide to stay. I just met you! :) And you and Kimala are definitely part of the non-icky crowd.

*hugs*
Joonie