Friday, September 12, 2008

In my pics and in my heart

I've occasionally been asked about the women that are in my are in my profile pics. Some people have joked about me being some playah with all these women contained therein. Me a playah? Most days I couldn't find the field.

The women that are my picks are very dear to me for alot of reasons. I feel like I have the type of relationship with them that if I knew them in RL, and they asked to help them move on a hot, humid day, hesitation wouldn't enter my mind.

Ok, one of them is my wife so that might be a no brainer in your opinion. Oddly though, she is first and foremost a friend. I like hearing about her day and get excited about the cool stuff she does in her job. I'm lucky, lucky, lucky:). Anybody that can put up with my unique brand of bs deserves more words of praise and appreciation that all the blogs in the world could possibly contain.

Now the other ladies are outstanding in there own right. They are Blissie, Joonie and Parker. This triumvirate of grace, humor, intelligence, beauty, and uniqueness have come to mean a lot to me. They have picked me up when I was down, they have made me be more reflective about my actions and more cognizant about what comes out of my fingers and are just a joy to include on my friends list.

I'm not only honored to have them in my profile pics, let me tell you about the story behind each profile pic. I'll go in alphabetical order with no connotation of favoritism. Blissie: of the triumvirate, I've known her the longest. She is funny and I can't tell how many IM's she has shot to me that have just made me laugh and smile. Plus she is my own personal beautiful attack dog! Sample interchange: "is she bothering you? I'll get rid of her...." Thats my Bliss, baked goods and bodyguard service rolled into one. I'm honored that she considers me a friend and never fails to check in with me. I love that Bliss.

Joonie is this combination of beauty and brain. She is a deep thinker who I'm not sure I can keep up with sometimes. She has an incredible sweet heart and is one of the kindest individuals I have met in SL. I can't put into words how much her support meant to me recently when an RL friend passed. She was there and it was as real as someone sitting in the room talking to me. What a treasure you are Joonie.

Parker reminds me of someone who would have been in Gone from The Wind. She is so genteel and mannerly that just being around her can change your outlook and your perspective on the day. Did I tell you that she doesn't mind when I tease her? She just laughs and tells me I'm nuts. She didn't even get upset when I put in a pic of her holding one of Liss's twins and made some remark about health insurance. What a sport you are Parker and what a sweet soul:)

So these four ladies are and will be in my pics as long as I come inworld. It wouldn't be the same place without any of them. I need them there and hopefully they need me in some way. I hope you have a great day and a fantastic weekend and I hope you tell those you hold near and dear to you that they are just that....

6 comments:

Me said...

Awwww.

:) I love you big guy.

Parker said...

My SurferBoy, I can honestly say I have never been referred to before as part of a triumvirate. I am truly honored. I am honored not only to be listed in your picks, but the class of ladies you put me in is amazing. I am honored beyond measure. Thank you.

Joonie said...

:) Thank you, bigd! And parker, honey, he's MY SurferBoy! Wait, did he tell you he was your SurferBoy? Maybe the three of us need to get together and compare notes. ;-) LOL

I am honored.

*hugs*

Parker said...

****The BigD Flanagan Fan Club****

Line forms to the right, just behind the President-Kimala.

BigD is a BIG man, with a really BIG heart.

BigD, friend, darling, Big Guy, SurferBoy ~ he wears many hats and is what he needs each of the woman in his life to be for them. He is always genuine and forever a mainstay in the hearts of those who are fortunate enough to have encountered him.

bigd Flanagan said...

I look around...are they talking about me? Man, I am one lucky dude

Anonymous said...

*pukes a little and runs away*

jk

91225