Thursday, September 18, 2008

Ok....Now I'm concerned

Watching the morning news with my 10 year old at 5:48 this am I finally got pissed. Before I was disheartened, but now I'm pissed.

I remember when W was inagurated so long ago, a person had a sign making a reference to the village idiot being in charge. The media should track that person down and interview them. Talk about a prophet.....

Left wing or Right wing? I don't like either. Its just a continuation of the same old cluster fuck thats been dogging this country for years. I want the middle. Extremes are bullshit and limiting. I like my politics like I like my chinese food, some of each.

As we watch our economy plummet into God knows what, its easy to point the finger at people. Politicians love doing that. They oughta to keep that finger fully extended and shove it up their ass. Yeah, I'm just a touch pissed.

I got 4 kids. What kind of effing mess are we leaving them? Not only them but their kids and their kids. The mind spins with revulsion. I remember hearing all my life that baby boomers were going to make the world so much better than thier parents had. What a crock!

Perhaps Thomas Jefferson was right. Maybe we need to overhaul the system every 50 years or so. The founding fathers were brilliant, diverse and TOLERANT! What we have had are occasional flashes of brilliance against a backdrop of timeserving bumblebutt bureaucrats.

Concerned? Your gd right I am.....

6 comments:

Bradley said...

I've always had a huge respect for Jefferson and I have always agreed with his statement that you referred to. I think it's time for the people to revolt and demand some changes.

I too am in fear of what kind of world we're leaving for my daughter.

Anonymous said...

Ok D... I am with you... I love the analogy of the chinese food and now I would like that for lunch please.

I am HORRIFIED at the mess we are making in this country. Worse yet... I am horrified when things turn south - severely south - on Wallstreet - EVERYONE thinks the sky is falling. WHERE were these same people when all the auto workers were getting laid off in Michigan? WHY didn't anyone care then?

I am so sick of how big business drives what happens in this country. Honestly... are we NO SMARTER than we were in 1890 and 1920? Big Bosses, Corruption? Helllllloooooo????

Sorry - I'm just a little stressed about all this. We supposedly have the best and the brightest in this country - but you know what - they don't necessarily hold the purse strings and they don't have the ear of our President - nor necessarily of the Presidential Candidates.

HOW do we fix this? How can we help? I feel very very small and insignificant. :( :(

Crighton Johin said...

Count me in, too. I've been concerned for a few years now and the economic bullshit is just a continuation. Invading a country illegally and killing hundreds of thousands of innocent civilians, gutting the Constitution by enacting the "Patriot" Act (which is anything but,) and basically letting poor people, and kids, get flushed down the toilet while we bail out companies run by CEOs who get paid obscene amounts of money to fail utterly and completely. Yeah, we're fucked.

I'm bringing back my Whitesail blog for this very reason. I'm not sure what I am going to do with it, but it's going to be my Voice. A Voice that says, "No, you're lying.....Obaama did not want to teach your kindergartner's how to fuck! Stop lying!"

Yeah, I'm pissed too. It's beyond me how McCain can be running neck and neck right now. Scary and engraging (is that a word?)

Crighton Johin said...

And Kim, we do have the best and brightest in this country. But according to the Repugs, they're elitist and intellectuals, like that's a bad thing. There are people in this country who want a President who they would feel comfortable having a beer with and who are less intelligent then they are. Well, we just had eight years of that and we're going to have another four to eight if we don't wake up.

BTW, McCain finished fifth from the BOTTOM of his class at the Academy. And then crashed four planes, before being shot down. Yeah....best and brightest...errr...probably not Johnny.

Parker said...

*********WARNING**********

Parker is about to show a side that only a few people are aware even exists.

Politics!!!!! I was screening something for work one day and this scene struck me and I was actually in agreement. Not for the reasons they were but it works. One of the men said that he believes that on the president's (yes, they were speaking of the US president) last day in office, they should march him out to the rose garden, tie a blindfold around his eyes, play Hail To The Chief, and shoot him in the head. Perhaps, if this is the outcome that people expect upon leaving the post of Commander-In-Chief, then we would get fewer idiots.

I have worked in politics and have seen too much. I am not a person who advocates killing or harming others, but there are times that I do believe if people truly believed that certain penalties would be carried out if they behaved in a certain manner than there would be fewer crimes committed (yes there are a lot of criminals in politics).

We do need to overhaul this country and get back to what the founding fathers intended it to be. I fear for the children today and for their children. The only hope they have is to be blessed with parents who have a good head on their shoulders and common sense to raise them to respect.

I graciously back away from the podium and hide in my corner until people forget about my outburst.

Me said...

/me shines a light on Parker.

:) Don't hide. Outbursts are healthy.