Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Nat Random Pt. III

The last thing people need to do these days is get all serious on you. We are immersed in a swirling sea of somber seriousness. It all gets overwhelming. People are freaking out hardcore.. The media fuels it, they know they can make money out of people's insecurities and their terror of the unknown.

I'm a pretty centrist, with a little lean to the left kind of guy. I loathe the media more than the Repubs. Way more. Shit! I started getting serious. Forgive me...

Ok, lets take it down a notch, shall we?

Naming isn't destiny: A New York City father named one son Winner and another Loser. Winner lane went on to compile a massive criminal record. His brother Loser, meanwhile, became a detective sergeant in the New York City Police Department.

Malaysia recently forbade parents from naming their children with "unsuitable" words, including names taken from animals, insects, fruit, vegetables, colors, or numbers.

The most common name among the nearly 400 death-row prisoners in Texas is Robert and its variations with 18. Next are William and its variations with 17. Michael/Mike
(14). Anthony/Tony (8) and Steven/Stephen/Steve (6). Whew...no Daves :)

And finally...

Yourhighness Morgan, a standout high-school athlete in Florida, has a younger brother named Handsome and cousins named Prince and Gorgeous.

3 comments:

Yamis Jewell said...

LOL - Add to this list of silly names two that my father taught:
Shithead (pronounced Shatheed) and Female (pronounced Femally). What were they thinking???

Bradley said...

My wife wanted to give our daughter a name after a Greek God (which I won't mention due to anonymity for her). I refused until I read some statistics stating that those with unusual names like them once they become adults and generally are more successful in their endeavors.

I do think naming a son Loser was just plain cruel though.

Even a common name can be painful. We had a kid in high school named Harry. Unfortunately for him his last name was Ball.

Yordie Sands said...

Yeah... I agree with you about the media, BigD... but if I say anything else I'll get all serious and pissed off... hugzzz.