Saturday, October 4, 2008

One cool dude

I have been lax to mention how I felt the impact of Paul Newman's passing. Kim told me as we were doing shopping last week. It was like, " Wow. He did? Damn..."

Growing up, well he was always cool. Memorable roles, great lines, what a great actor. As I grew up, I learned to respect him for different reasons. His humanity, his charities, his very loving marriage with his wife.

Allow me to share one of my favorite scenes of this man in a classic movie:)



I laugh every time I see that. Isn't that a great legacy? That people don't cry or feel horrible when they think of you passing but openly have a good laugh at something you wanted them to laugh at.

Heres to you Paul. Heaven just got a lot more funny. Thank you for sharing your many talents and most of all, your sense of humanity with us.

3 comments:

Parker said...

It is sad when the good ones go. Especially when I see spots for some of the garbage coming out of Hollywood these days.

He was a great actor with that bit of comedy, in deed. his humanitarian efforts will also be long remembered.

Thank you for sharing this memory.

Yamis Jewell said...

What a great scene to have picked. We've lost a lot of great role models lately. I'm glad to have learned a little from each of them.
Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

I still love his spaghetti sauce and salad dressing - he'll live on in infamy there too :) Sorry to break the news to you in that grocery isle.