Sunday, October 5, 2008

10 things that make me happy Fall 2008

Ok Kimala, I'll bite. I liked your list and encourage my blog readers to do likewise. Never a bad time to have an attitude of gratitude.

#10 Showers can be warm again. Intentionally. It may be hot here in Phoenix, but we go months without turning on the hot water. Lifes full of tradeoffs you know.

#9 Sweatshirts! You can actually wear them outside for a couple of weeks. LOL. I love me a nice hoodie.

#8 Kids outside. I feel an affinity for ppl in Fargo, ND during those brutal northern midwest winters. With out brutal long, hot summers we have a lot in common. Stir crazy anyone?

#7 Passing coldfronts. Man they can scour the Valley of the Sun. The sky is so blue it hurts your eyes!! Love that shade of blue.

#6 The rare yet much appreciated rainy fall night. There is just something about the sound of rain falling as you drift off into sleep or do something else. Hee Hee.

#5 Still wearing shorts! Now I know this makes us unique. Been shorts throughout the fall plenty of years running. Love that!

#4 In conjunction with #5 is going swimming in the pool on Thanksgiving. I don't know what else there is to say about that:)

#3 Not entering your car and instantly feel like you have descended into the depths of Hades. 140 upon entry is just flat out wicked.

#2 Driving with your windows down. Good for ventilation and for yelling.....LOL

#1 Seeing my wife in a fall sweater. She'll kill me if I go into detail.

Happy Fall you all :)

4 comments:

Me said...

Rofl! It's the little things that make some seaons totally worth it.

:) welcome fall!

Anonymous said...

I love how weather related your list is D... but I am wondering where Stephanie Abrahms fits into all this? HOW could she NOT make the list?

Parker said...

I think you are totally unique for counting down.

bigd Flanagan said...

Not insane? Now mind you those were not necessarily in order of preference. With the exception of #1.../hoo