Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Today was a good day

Man, my blog productivity is at a standstill. I have been concentrating on ripping my CD's to a hardrive so that they are all accessible. Kim got me a headset which will theoretically have a noise damper on it. We'll keep you posted on that one btw.

When I have a task like the one I'm currently engaged in, it makes me aware of the preferences I have in music. It's almost a snapshot of your life in someways. I am most definately not the person I was when I was 17, 27 or even 37. These musical tastes serve as a type of reminder of eras gone past and friends associated with each era.

So what has stayed constant? A lot really, in many ways I am who I am, throughout the ages. I still like rock as much as I ever have. It's just who I am. I remember this idiotic interlude in my past when I was like 23. I figured I had graduated from college and that it was time for me to stop dressing like a kid. I figured I would wear shirts with collars on them.

That lasted about a week before it dawned on me, "Who the fuck was I kidding?" I mean seriously.... Well, be that as it may, I'm looking forward to DJ'ing. I want to practice a lot before I go. I do not like the feeling of being ill-prepared.

Once I'm up and running, I'll post my url so that you can listen if you would like. You won't even need to be inworld. See you soon.

2 comments:

Kimala said...

so what does it mean that you wear shirts now with collars on them? hmmmm? :) LOL

Looking forward to you in the DJ world :)

bigd Flanagan said...

It means the goofy school districts in the valley see you as a professional if you have a collar on. But wait.... Most of the total dweebs I come across not only have a collar but they wear a tie too. Hmmmm...

I'm seeing a inverse relationship occuring here.