Tuesday, October 14, 2008

How in God's name.....

Man....I was awoken, gratefully so, by the alarm clock at 4:45 am. It rescued me from a wicked ass nightmare I was having. One of those dreams that you know was just a dream but nonetheless just shakes you. Yech....

Even in the brief seconds I was in that dream I wondered how people in RL deal with the loss of a child? Talk about a shattering experience. I'm sure we all know someone who had dealt with that horror. I can't even imagine. Those poor people.

It doesn't matter what age the child is because they will forever be your child. That precious little person you fell in love with before they were even born. When I was a little guy walking home from school one day, so long ago, this neighborhood nice lady just scooped me up and held on to me. Not a freaky abduction hug but just held me tight.

Turns out that she had been visited about an hour previously by some people from the military who had informed here that her son had died in combat. I guess seeing me walk home brought back those memories of when her little boy would walk home from school on that same street.

My Mom and Mrs. Daumiller helped Mrs. Schoepke back into her house. I walked home and asked my Mom why Mrs. Schoepke did that. My Mom told me that Mrs. Schoepke just missed her son very, very much.

So......today I'm gonna say some prayers for ppl that have lost a child. I know that one day they will be reunited with those that have been missed so much. Thats what I am going to,

3 comments:

Yamis Jewell said...

I think every parent at some point has those dreams. I just about die when I do. Every day with them is a gift - the loss of which no parent should have to know. May God give strength to those who do.

Kimala said...

That's my biggest reason I always want my words to each of our kids to be loving... and one of the reasons I always say blessings on each of them as they leave my sight for the day. As a parent, it seems some days more than 85% gets us through on faith alone... really...

Parker said...

/me gives BigD a great big hug.