Tuesday, November 25, 2008

What the heck?

Is going on? There seems to be a general malaise that is prevading so many today. I'm speaking of SL. This isn't fun, I feel this way, I've hit the wall....

It goes on. Have I felt those things? Yes!! Is it normal? I'm pretty sure it is.

I was talking to Yamis a day or so ago. We shared these feelings with each other. She said that she noticed I haven't been on much anymore. She told me that she likewise hasn't been on much.

I used to feel guilty and me not being on used to be a bone of contention in times past with others. But I got to do what I feel. When I'm not feeling it, I'm not online. Many times, to be honest, it's a relief....

I start feeling restless. I feel like I'm just down the same path again and again. Like I'm reading some script or something. "Oh, here's the part where I should make this sarcastic comment...." I hate that feeling. I know its all me. I should be more engaging, etc. Teaching and having four kids makes me focus on the immediate and not the ephemeral.

I guess it should suffice to say that when I'm in world, I'm thinking of RL and when I'm not inworld I'm enjoying/dealing with RL.

Maybe for me this represents the beginning of the end. Worse things could happen :)

5 comments:

Bradley said...

If you're forcing yourself to log in then you're not going to enjoy yourself. Log in when you want, enjoy RL when you want. Just go with the flow and see what happens. You may find you just needed a break or you may find your done with it. As you said, worse things could happen.

Me said...

Lately..I log on for gigs..or I log on and go afk..

I think...sometimes the desire for some things pass. Like a fad.

But then I also think..that I log on to "see" my friends. Because I know when I've had a craptastic day, there's always at least one thing to make me laugh. To keep the gloomy at bay.

So I guess it's like RL too. Ebb and flow.

:) I'd miss you if you left. But I'd understand. And call you a dirty bitch every time I said your name or someone mentioned you. Kidding!

Kimala said...

SL is what we make of it... just like RL. When I'm drained from RL, I know I have not much to give in SL either. If all I'm looking for are good people who appreciate me no matter what, and they don't ask me to be perky or funny but just be, I find the SL I came to love all those months and months ago.

Go catch a big wave... ride a tube... find yourself again D :) You will :)

91225

Yamis Jewell said...

Isn't it ironic...D, as i am reading this blog post, my other screen is logged into SL. My avi is sitting under a tree in my butterfly garden, tallking with no one - too bored there to find something to do. So I'm flipping around my favoriite websites to find something more interesting to do. And I found this. So halfway through reading your post, i flipped there and logged out - whats the point. Maybe because I "work" there now, its not as much fun to play where you work. Or maybe its the inordinate amount of RL stuff I need to give my attention to...Whatever the reason, it is what it is and i'll be in whichever world needs me at the moment. Sometimes a break is needed, my friend. Hope its not forever.

Parker said...

I do miss seeing you on line and interacting with you. But, brace yourself, real life should always come first. You have a wonderful family who needs and desires your time. I find myself envious of this in some others. while SL is my life, I have been a bit bored at time and try to find things to make it more worth my while (the big gig at my pub this Saturday). You do what you need to do for you and your family. My good opinion of you only grows stronger.