Sunday, January 27, 2008

Changes

For some reason I remember my old Social Studies teacher from Dos Pueblos High School and his closing remarks when, as seniors, our high school days were drawing to a close. "Ladies and Gentlemen", he said, ""the only thing constant in your lives will be change." Now I liked Mr. Bates, he was one of "cool" teachers. As he told us this I couldn't help think that he was overstating the obvious. My friends and other classmates had a look on their faces that he was utterly deranged.
Of course Mr. Bates knew what was up. Change was inevitable, irreversable and usually pretty cool. Those that held a deathgrip on things trying to stop change were akin to a person trying to stave off the incoming ocean tide to protect a constructed sand castle. Frenetic and foolish, a figure provoking embarrassment or sadness.
My journey on SL is no different. I've dealt with a lot of change lately. Most has not brought out the best in me. I think I am rounding that corner on that self-realization that in me dwells a thing, an aspect that wants its pound of flesh, its payback is going to be a bitch mind-set. This too is changing.
If a choice is made and you feel you do not benefit look at that feeling and those words. Should we really look to benefit from our associations. We aren't commodities or possessions we are people. This is true in SL and RL. If I have learned one lesson in this platform called life it is what my mom always told me: things happen for the best. She was right. There is no definitive timeline where you flip through a schedule and go,"hmmm, yes as I thought, clarity is scheduled for 10:45 tomorrow evening!"
I do not have the faintest idea who will read this blog if anyone. It's not the point of writing one. But I need to tell you this: Kimala and Crighton are nice people. Quit being assholes to them and think you are rallying on my behalf. The sentiment is misguided. It serves no goddamn purpose whatsoever, only to hurt someone who I care about with my heart and soul. I'm telling you this from all the love I can muster in myself when you hurt them you are hurting me.
If you take the trouble to shoot me an IM I can tell you how I'm feeling, how I've missed and how much I need you to be my friend. Being silent and just plain nasty hurts me more than any hurt I've experienced in SL.
I have a pick in my profile called better days. Look at it and know in your heart that that's were this is all going. I really want to hang with you there.

2 comments:

Kimala said...

/me jumps in your arms and kisses ou all over. You and I do change well. It is hard but we always come out better for it. Thank you D. /me pinches me and you - reminding us both we always have each other right here in RL and SL too. /me scratches my head and wonders when in the world can we get the "return to owner" setting from SL installed in our RL house!91225

bigd Flanagan said...

Would the stuff fly out of the house or vanish in a shower of glitter? Hopefully the glitter option otherwise somebody is going to get messed up :).