Saturday, January 19, 2008

An old friend returns

Last night was fantastic! A superb meal? No. A romantic evening evening away from the kids with my lovely wife? Sounds good, but no.

I slept! I did not wake and wander. I did not fixate on what is out of my control. I laid snuggled under the covers and let the hours wash over me rather than my brain playing cat's cradle with everything under the sun.

The thing about sleep is that I have become conditioned to function at an acceptable level ever since the birth of our oldest son. Maybe its a parent thing, I do not know. This was really accelerated when our second son was born with moderate to severe asthma. We could go on a 3 to 5 day tear of hourly breathing treatments and that doesn't do much for your sleep cycle.

Thankfully, those days are past and our son is remarkably strong and vital. If you heard him belting out some weird collection of noises you would never guess. Damn that kid has a loud voice. Oh btw, it runs in the family;)

But I digress, I might be at the point where I think I don't need as much sleep as I do but the body goes think again. I get plenty of exercise so that helps. I think I need to cultivate a relationship with sleep. We need to date for awhile and then I need to state my intentions for a long term relationship. If its mutually agreeable we might even sleep together. We'll see.......

2 comments:

Kimala said...

You are a nut. I'm glad now you are at least (1 night down) a sleeping better nut. I can't believe you didn't blame the dynamic duo for your lack of sleep. They didn't even get a mere mention.

Cheers to better nights ahead! 91225

Me said...

ROFL.

When you learn how to romance sleep into a great relationship, PLEASE let me know. I'd love to make it a threesome.