Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Beyond Expectations

Last nights opening of the bistro just blew me away. It was hectic and crazy but thats just cause I hadn't done it before. So many people..... It made us very happy.

I would be remiss if I didn't thank some people so here I go:)..Special thanks to Misprint and her art. She was the one that really drew them in. Her art is amazing and I'm glad I've gotten to know her a bit. Did you see the color of the ceiling last night? It was epic, it took me back to a place of holding my 12 year old when he was 2 in Northern Arizona and watching the winter sunset over the Peaks. Thanks to Parker for her assistance in basically doing everything. She greeted, meeted, and took photos of the whole event. She is always a constant source of assistance and a great person to bounce ideas off of. A shout out to Joonie also. She to was an able helper in helping people feel relaxed and guiding people to and fro. She did some major tagging last night to get our group off and going. Also thanks to Blissie for just being Blissie and an IM away at all times. Also thanks to Jenda for her constant help and assistance in helping pull it all together.

A special nod to CQ Bravin. His music was superb and enjoyed by those in attendance. The guy is truly amazing!

And of course there is Kimala. She really did the huge majority of everything that the Bistro is. Finding the artist, renovations in the space, the entire concept of the three floors......all her. She is amazing. I don't know what else there is to say about her. I'm very happy it was such a success, she deserves many, many more.

Thanks again to everyone who did show up! Your attendance really helped make the event. I appreciate your time in coming to be with us. Our place is your place. Please remember that:)

Misprint's art will be up another two weeks or so. Please stop in and check it out. I know I will, I want to hold that 2 year old again in my mind and watch the sun go down over the Peaks one more time.......

3 comments:

Parker said...

You take two truly amazing people who develop the vision for a truly amazing concept. They then tell others about the idea and start building and inviting all you can get from that is one truly amazing night.

You and Kimala deserve so much praise for birthing this venue. I do look forward to just hanging out there.

I do believe the only angle I did not get was the ceiling. I must go and enjoy this.

Thank you for all you did to make the grand opening a smashing success. Take a bow.

Bradley said...

Thank you for a wonderful time. As you know I'm rarely in SL these days, but I'm glad I popped in for the event. I will be sure to stop by whenever I do drop in world.

I'm glad it turned out to be all you dreamed it would be. You both did an amazing job.

Me said...

I had a blast!

:) Unfortunately, it was a little late my time..so I had to bail.

BUT.

It was great. You guys did a great job.