Friday, July 11, 2008

I am at Center again

Ahhh, order has been restored to the homefront with the return of Kim from D.C. As I write this, the twins are laying next to her and have covered her with stuffed animals also. Hard to tell she was very missed ;).

As Noah, Rach and myself waited at the gate, I had a chance to do some quality observations People are so interesting at airports. You can't but help to conjure up scenarios to fit the people you watch. I saw lovers reunite, families come back together again, brothers greet sisters and vice versa, kids coming for the court ordered obligatory visit to a divorced parent, grandkids reconnecting with grandmas and grandpas. Life rich pageant was on full display.

I'd much rather be at the arrival gate than the departure. Something far more positive in that experience. Peoples faces are interesting as they arrive. Apprenhension and excitement fill the air. I like watching peoples faces make that rapid transition from one state to the other. It's sweet:)

Two last, no make it three remarks before I close this blog for today.

#1 Phoenix has long had the reputation of being the breast enhancement capital of the U.S.A. We may not be able to win an N.B.A. championship but we are going for a five-peat in the breast augmentation championships! I even noticed my 10 year old shaking his head a couple of times. More about him later....

#2 While mentoring future teachers today I learned that you are not to, under any circumstances, touch let alone play, with Mercury at any time. Rewind back to my childhood to the era of old school thermometers. If they broke, which they did quite often, My Mom and Dad would say,"Come here Dave! Check this out and pour the liquid Mercury into my hand to
play with until I grew bored. It was cool how this metal looking stuff was a liquid! I also learned today that Mercury is absorbed into the skin and can cause insanity. I knew I had a legit reason!!

#3 I offered Noah $10 to go up and hug someone getting off the plane that he did not know. I was right there, it was a controlled environment. He wouldn't do it. Sigh.....

4 comments:

Me said...

Rofl! That poor kid!

:) we're all at center in sl now too..

That Kimala isn't allowed to leave again.

Parker said...

So now we no what is wrong with you. Okay. We can understand now.

If you like people watching at an airport, you should try a busy mall. I loved my lunch breaks when I worked in a mall years ago.

You teach a child not to approach, let alone touch people they don't know and then you try to get them to do that very thing....Good boy, Noah.

No comment on point #1. /me shakes head at concept.

We are all happy to have order restored in your household as well as SL.

Bradley said...

People watching is one of my favorite pastimes. For hours I can make up highly detailed, sordid stories about the lives of strangers on the street.

Does that make my life pretty pitiful? hmmmmmmm

Kimala said...

Ok... I'm super flattered but also frightened and relieved. Thank God Noah didn't hug someone for $10 - that is just too wierd.

Love you!