Thursday, July 17, 2008

One in a million

People think they have SL (TM) dialed in. It's all about the sex, the infidelity and other thnigs that many of us tend to fixate on. Sure that can be alluring from the outset.

I have been on SL (TM) for about 14 months now. I know that each person's experience is an individual as each person is. As I go through this journey, what keeps me at it, is the relationships I have with a few people. It has reflected my RL in that I have a few close friends who I hold dear to me.

Blissie Boucher is one of the nicest people I have ever met in any world. When I have been way down, she was there for me, when I have been way goofy and unfocused (this happens frequently), she was there for me. She is just Bliss and she is just there.

A lot of people, at least in their profiles, say that RL is RL and SL(TM) is SL(TM) and they should never intersect. OK, thats a choice I respect. However, Blissie is a part of our families life. My sweet little Rach loves typing to Blissie. Her reading skills aren't quite there yet but she knows when Blissie is giving her a holla! My 10 year old thought it was great Blissie was into him making a chocolate cake. You should have seen the smile on his face. Even Rachel's twin brother asked me last night if I was dancing with Bliss at the Savoy. I said,"Yes I am." He said,"Good." To cap it off, my ever so close to teenage 12 year old weighs in with,"she is hot."

If you have as good a friend in any world as Blissie is my friend in the metauniverse, make sure you tell them that they mean a lot to you. They might even mean something to your whole family, who knows? Friends are the rarest of commodities and need to be safeguarded like anything else precious.

Love ya Bliss!

5 comments:

Parker said...

There's (whispers) sex (regular voice) in Second Life????? OY!!!!

Blissie is a true sweetie and I too am glad that I didn't let her weapons frighten me away from the Bee Hive. She is on amazing lady.

Bradley said...

That's one of the sweetest things I've read lately. I'm sure Blissie knows what a good friend she has in you.

Crighton Johin said...

Everything you typed was spot on, bigd. Blissie is an amazing person, a wonderful friend, and she is a part of our lives. Oh...yeah...and she's hot, too.

Good catch, Z!

;-)

Me said...

Oh wow..

I'm so incredibly flattered. :) Thank you.

But it works both ways, I think. You and Kim have been so wonderful to me since day one. I don't know if I would have even stayed on SL if I hadn't met you guys.

I'm very lucky to have you as a friend - and even luckier that you both let me into your RL too. I love getting roses and hugs from Rach and updates about the boys.

I appreciate you. :) And you'll always be my first dance partner ever in SL. And my favorite.

:) Thank you.

Kimala said...

awwww NOW I FINALLY KNOW what everyone was so ga-ga over. Bigd!!! You really ARE a nice guy :) *sighs happily*

We DO love Blissie! I have to tell you there are some other favorites they look for on screen too - including Parker, Crighton and Jenda. Bradley - you need to come back and visit so you can join those ranks. Borday is in there too!

We are glad you are a part of our lives - and appreciate you - even if you are imaginary ;) hee hee!

*hugs*