Friday, July 25, 2008

It's a curse.....

One of the things you develop from being a teacher for 15 years is an oddly heightened sense of hearing. Well, you don't have to have it but you run the risk of looking like a dumbass if things happen and you are in the dark about them.

This "skill" doesn't tuck itself away from late May till early August. Its always there. I overhear some of the weirdest conversations.

The other day I went to pick up dinner from the Tasty Asian Kitchen. I waited for our dinner to be gathered and overheard the following tidbit from a couple of women. I'm thinking they were in their late 20's.

"The election is already a done deal. Obama is going to win. Nostradamus predicted it. He had the names mixed up, but he predicted it. The real proof is that Obama's name has the same number of letters that Hitler's name had. He will be murdered in office. If during the funeral, there is a white horse pulling the cassion during the funeral, that means the end of the world is coming."

I gathered our dinner up after paying and went out to the car. I unlocked the car and put the dinner on Noah's lap. I went to the drivers side, knelt down and closed the door on my head four times. I then drove home and enjoyed dinner with my family.

3 comments:

Bradley said...

You went home and had dinner? You mean that's all you did? OMG! I can't believe you didn't run to the store to buy water and canned goods for the end of the world.

Foolish, foolish man.

Kimala said...

ROFL.. get ready Bradley -all 6 of us are heading over to live with you and McB :) Woot!

Parker said...

Is that all it is to the end of the world. Oh my. I will keep an eye on the news.

/me passes BigD an icepack and some acetaminophen for his head.