Thursday, June 5, 2008

Well, I'm screwed.....

It's 11:22 and I'm wide awake after falling asleep around 7 ish upstairs. I vaguely remember tickling my daughter before I feel asleep. God, she has the best laugh. So I sleep for about 3 hours and now I'm in the predicament. Oh well, gives me something to write about.

Earlier today, far earlier actually, I underwent my first day of training as a faculty advisor for a program I'm going to be associated with this summer. To make a long story short, I'll be advising/mentoring soon to be first year teachers that will be working in KC, New Orleans and Chicago.

A nuts and bolts day but way too much sitting and listening!! Gets to me after awhile. I do not know why I was so tired when I got home. Could it have been the several texts and phone calls I got from my in-house day care providers? Props to Z and N, btw. My favorite phone call was my oldest informing me that he had given his little sister a five minute time-out. The crime? She was being sassy. I told him to chill on the time-outs.

Overall, very proud of my two oldest. These guys really know how to step up. Of course they can't seem to keep their hands off of one another and make a continuous stream of insults and threats to one another, but they are testosterone pilots in training.

My RL job for real doesn't kick in until 6/23, shortly after Father's Day. So I get another short break until mentoring in earnest. I'm looking forward to it, the credentials of these soon to be first year teachers are impressive. It's a hard program to get into and doesn't involve doing it to get student loans wiped out. They are doing it to make a difference. That's always cool with me.

Okay, its 11:35 now. I got to try to sleep. 5:30 comes quick in these locales:)

4 comments:

Parker said...

Bless your heart, BigD. I hope you were able to get some quality sleep if not quantity.

sounds like your kids are doing what all kids do best ~~ making life more interesting for Mama and Daddy.

You will be a wonderful mentor. Just those days when all you do is sit and listen or the most tiring.

Kimala said...

I didn't realize you had posted the other night. I was probably long gone zzzzzzing it up. Kudos to Z and N for an amazing 2 days really. Thursday and Friday.

I started babysitting when I was 12 so I know they can do it. The list of chores helped - and the promise of a run through the sprinkers was good incentive.

At least they are high tech and can text. It is much easier to take a text at work than a call sometimes. Cheers to the summer adventures that lie ahead for us. :)

Me said...

Girls are supposed to be sassy! :) Tell Rach to keep it up.

Yordie Sands said...

Hehe... I have the same problem with waking up and not being able to get back to sleep... writing is good, but that's when dancing in SL really works! Try it sometime, Big fella.