Wednesday, June 11, 2008

You think you're bad? Well, do ya?

It's ok, I'm not that much of a badass myself. BUT;), I did take four kids to Kung Fu Panda today @ 10:00 a.m. Actually a pretty decent film. Kids loved it and they were very mannerly and not too crazy. Plus it's rush being accompanied by four uber attractive kids and feeling so rightfully proud!

I would be less than honest if I didn't tell you I really enjoy the puzzled looks you get from the other movie goers. If you go with one or two it not that much of a mystery: he's taking his kids, he's one of the many divorced Dad's, he is giving Mom a break and taking the kids to a movie, etc.

But with four it just seems to add to the overall confusion. You are either a saint or a scumbag. Sainthood being, "Look at that brave soul, single parent of four kids. What a responsible, wonderful man." Or scumbag, "What type of no good bastard leaves his wife with four children? The capricious, shallow piece of filth."

Thank God, I am neither. I am taking my kids to the movies on a cool June morning, only 100 degrees for the high today guys!, and feeling super lucky to have that as an option for todays activites. BTW, see the movie even if you don't have kids. Jack Black is great even in animation.

One last detail: The older kids will watch the twins while Mom and Dad go see Sex and The City this weekend. Life is all about negotiation baby. I snagged me a win-win.

7 comments:

Kimala said...

Hooooo! :)

Sorry - too tired to write more.
91225

Parker said...

And it is 'Wonder Dad' to the rescue. ;-)

Try 5 kids going to Chuck E Cheese by yourself and see the looks you get. None of the kids were even mine.

Kimala is very blessed indeed. As are your angelic children.

bigd Flanagan said...

Parker: I have to ask...... How did you commandeer 5 kids to Chuck E. Cheese? Coolest Aunt ever? Nicest neighbor ever? Work related punishment? Just kidding but I had to ask!

Parker said...

Actually I was nanny for 2 families and they were related. So I would pile the youngest into my van for trips to Chuck E Cheese, Fort Kid (ginormous playground), parks or just for ice cream. Parents got a break and kids and I had a blast.

Parents actually said I was a glutton for punishment. ; )

bigd Flanagan said...

Damn smartass parents!! LOL

Jenda Starbrook said...

We took the little guy to see Kung Fu Panda on Thursday. Jack Black is one of my favorite actors and he did not disappoint in this movie. Did your kids laugh the whole way through or was it just mine? ;-)

Wish I could get out to see SATC. Might have to ditch the boys and see it on my own!

bigd Flanagan said...

Oh they laughed the whole time. I did too. Yeah the SITC is the goal! Maybe tomorrow afternoon? We'll pick you guys up:)Jake will fit in with our crew just fine....

Tonight: Dinner for 8 at a Greek eatery!! /hoo Opa!