Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Instant Karma! Sort of.....

Those that know our family are aware that we have 5 year old twins that have just started kindergarten. The female part of the program is doing beyond great:), the little dude is well.....a little dude, and 1/2 of my genetic hodgepodge.

As a child, I was free spirited.....maybe.........marched to a different drummer......uh huh........goofy......getting closer........wild.....thats it! I can distinctly remember as a 5 year old hiding behind a short wall and laughing as it got dark as my Mom became more frustrated at calling me in. I had that stuff going on. I do not know why I laughed at somethings that raised the ire of my folks, mostly my mom actually.

They talk about Ali having lightning quick hands. Take away about a foot in height and 100 lbs in weight and you got Moms. The woman could give a corrective jab like no ones business. Let me clarify: I didn't grow up in an abusive house (thank God) but the parenting game was different then.

So our five year old boy is well......my son. I love him like crazy. He belongs in the sweet boy snuggling hall of fame. My Dad would tell me, "Someday you might have a son." Then he would just smile. Well, we have have had three excellent ones. Right now as I write this I'm doing the genetic chart in my head that we all did in HS. Recessive here, dominant there.

He's going to be fine. Kindergarten, wearing new glasses, being separated in a different class from his sister. Its a boatload of changes for a 5 year old. Life can be tough no matter the age. What makes it manageable is the love that surrounds you on a daily basis. Here's to everyone having that 24/7 backup spelled L O V E.....

3 comments:

Parker said...

For some reason I can envision you tormenting your folks like that. Not in a mean wretched way, but as a bit of a prankster.

Said it before, I'll say it again, your kids are great because they have pretty awesome parents. Keep up the good work you learned from your parents.

Kimala said...

oh Parker I'm so glad we know you :) you are good for us! (for me anyway!)

D...I grew up as a people pleaser constantly in search of positive reinforcements... so... I'm sorry but I do think this is your gene pool causing this strife LOL. My rebelliousness (sp?) has been environmental and inspired by close friends and.. dare I say.. husband? heehee

Onward... Tuesday...

Me said...

That principal is a bum! The twins should be together!

:) I'll get that contest board set up tonight for the little guy. Don't worry.