Sunday, August 24, 2008

a thought or eight....

While talking to a friend, we were both struck at the amount of sadness there seems to be on SL (TM) these days. I don't know if you can pinpoint its cause to anything more than the fact that there are real people behind these avis.

I seem to enjoy playing the fool in some ways. I relish the absurd. Control is an illusion that is so many grains of sand slipping through your fingers. Castles made of sand and all that..

I can laugh, I can love and I can hurt. They all a part of the whole. About the only thing I can try, emphasize try, to control is myself and my surroundings. If someone is a constant source of bad feelings, be done with them, if you keep going around to a place that makes you sad, don't go there. Simple really isn't it?

No solution is as simple as I paint it. The beauty is in the fact that the first step is followed by the second, the third and so forth. I love going for walks. If I'm in world, lets walk together.

3 comments:

Parker said...

Oh the humanity!!

I do believe that the one key element is that (as I am so often reminded) we are all human. I think it would be nice if we lived in a water-color world where everything is bright and cheery. However, it would probably become very boring. Perhaps some of us could do well with a paintbrush society. One where we paint what we want without consequence or regard to others.

That thought reminds me of the old cartoons where the cartoon character doesn't like what is there so he takes the pencil from the artist and flips it over to erase what he doesn't like. then he draws in what he wants. Problem is, I can't draw nor paint. Guess some of us need to look at the entire picture a bit better and as you said, control what we can about our selves.

Just watch my sand castle when you surf by, please as it can be a little fragile at times. When the sun comes out it will bake and be adobe again.

bigd Flanagan said...

I totally respect sand castles in all states of existence. I watch where I walk.....

Joonie said...

I'm finally catching up on my blog reading...yes from work (bad Joonie bad) and came across this gem.

Sadness in SL? Surely you jest! ;) Well, for me, loss is sad. And losing ppl in SL seems to happen with way too much frequency.

But we have to have the yin and yah, no? Without a little sadness, the joy would not be as bright or as appreciated.

...Don't let it bring you down, it's only 'sand' castles burning..

JJ