Sunday, August 17, 2008

Next please!!

Some weeks are tiring, some weeks are odd, some weeks are endless and frankly my readers, some weeks are hard to put in words. But I'm gonna try with some help. We all lead ultra challenging lives. I wonder how future historians will look at our era in terms of the insane pressure we seem to put on ourselves and ultimately one another.

Maybe this represents just the beginning. Two hundred years from now will the demands that people have placed on them just cause them to seize up and go into vapor lock mode? It's kinda of scary to think about.

I just think this past week was atypical in a lot of ways. It had everything. I mean everything people! Insane dark depths, soothing warm tones, vibrant blossoms of real friendship and crystal clear definitions of caring and support for someone else.

It was like that classic Clint Eastwood spaghetti western plus one. The Good, The Bad, The Ugly and my addition, The Important. I love that movie so bear with me:) Pretty much there is some good in everybody with the exception of Angel Eyes. They will have different names, and be different things, but we have knowledge of an Angel Eyes in our lives or that will be present at some point. Just deal with them, it ain't no big thing. I would be remiss if I failed to mention that these "Angel Eyes" are both internal and external

On a far more enjoyable topic, how beautiful is a friendship when it starts to blossom? It's like watching a flower slowly open to reveal the wonder that is in inside. Such a pleasure to learn about someone, when they become real to you and you don't plug in the gaps with your own conjectures. Perhaps that is one of the most human of traits, we abhor lack of information, so we compose information ourselves to fill in said gaps. We are knowledge driven aren't we?

Some things or events just cause you to scratch your head and wonder why? They grind everything to a halt and you ask yourself,"What can I do to help this person?" Not a grinding to a halt and just stopping dead, but an instant reaction of "OK, I can do this and say this...." Perhaps that, in and of itself, was one of the biggest gifts that culminated this week.

Occasions that let you know what is important, what is real and the knowledge that in helping others, caring for others, we do serve a higher purpose. I'm all for that. Those that need my help will be in my thoughts and prayers as I daydream in our collective few spare moments this coming week.

3 comments:

Me said...

Amen.

Kimala said...

there is always another day... and a new week... just click the calendar ahead... picture good things... anything else is just settling, don't you think?

Joonie said...

Thanks for this, bigd. The past few weeks have been all about me. And I needed that to get to a better place.

I'm looking forward to being there for others now...and I've had the best role models in my life lately to show me how to do just that.

Thank you!