Thursday, August 7, 2008

Elusive sleep

I don't know what it is. Some nights sleep just eludes me. RL just will not let go. The mind races over this and that detail. The the audio senses kick in and you hear things. Not fearful things but doors clicking, etc. Got some sleepwalkers so that always bears a check.

The dream life being revved up seems to coincide with all of this. I have symbolic dreams, memory lane dreams, fantasy dreams. I even had a dream this evening about blogging. LOL

Am I stressed out about something? Naw, no more than usual. Starts of school years are stressful on a family level but professionally this is #15. I'm comfortable in that. Having Kimala away in RL tends to predominate my thoughts. I know she is a big girl, totally able to take care of herself but I can't hug her or kiss her and feel her closeness to me. Hell, I even miss the look that says with no words, "You know I love you but you are an idiot right now."

Ok, so I have blogged. Did that. Now I've got to do the HW that I nicely avoided yesterday evening. The Five Themes of Geography. If that doesn't put me back to sleep nothing will. JK. God help me but I do love History!

I'll have to confer with Bliss regarding this insomnia. Seems like NYC would be more fun to have insomnia in than Phoenix. Here I'll write notes, there....maybe go shopping? Have a wonderful day everyone.

4 comments:

Me said...

BigD..let me tell you..there's plenty to do in your house in the wee hours of the morning. You don't need to go outside.

Grab some recipes and cook! That was my number one thing to do - we never eat so well as when I'm riding the insomnia horse.

I also have a to do list handy most days..

Birthday cards get written up..

I work on stuff for my job..

I watch tv - but not infomercials..then I just but that (hello? Cheese preserver!).

But my mind was always too restless to do focused things..like read..or write..

I also cleaned. Cleaning was a good one.

It's a little like having a night visitor that you're expected to keep company with..but you don't know what to do with it..?

I'm happy to have escaped those nights for the most part.

Good luck, big guy.

Bradley said...

D, I've been really restless lately too. When I can't sleep I find monotonous things to do. I'm a member of Entrecard with other bloggers. That means I can spend an hour or more just going to their websites and pressing a button. Do that for long and you'll get tired real fast.

If you're wondering why you press buttons it's because you earn credits to use towards advertising.

Kimala said...

Hey D -
I'm touched :) I'll be home soon. You could have had my afternoon... that might have put you right to sleep!! I won't name drop to mention who I watched also falling asleep... hee hee...

Do I really give you that look? Do I give you that look that often? I didn't realize I was obvious... KIDDING :)

See you and the fab four as soon as I can!!! Cheers to last day and a quick long flight home... Woot!

91225

Yamis Jewell said...

Hey bigD - I never get good sleep at the start of the school year either. Just part of the routine, yunno? I like Bliss' ideas on occupying your late night hours, but I can't seem to be that productive in the wee hours. I do seem to find something to do at all hours of the day or night in SL, however. Next sleepless night I'll meet you at the bistro for coffee. :) Have a great day!